Thank you for your interest in volunteering with our team! New volunteer opportunities are constantly being posted, so please continue to check back if there isn’t anything here that fits your interests today.
To apply to a role, please checkout our recruitment process here.
If you have any questions about volunteering with us, please don’t hesitate to email Yvonne.
Do you have graphic design skills, are passionate about environmental sustainability and are looking for an opportunity to volunteer your skills and make a difference in your local community?
Sustainable Waterloo Region is growing our team of project-based “on-call” Graphic Design volunteers. You will create new design content in line with our brand, and support the organization and its programs to maintain a consistent visual identity across a diverse range of print and web projects.
As a Graphic Designer you will:
- Work with the Communications Manager to maintain consistency in Sustainable Waterloo Region and its programs’ brand identities, logos and professional templates
- Assist with the ongoing graphic design needs of Sustainable Waterloo Region, including the revision and creation of print and digital materials, signage, web design, corporate slide decks, and year-end report
As a strong candidate for this role, you have:
- Knowledge and experience in, as well as access to Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; willingness to work in Canva on select projects
- Interest in being part of a collaborative team, but with the ability to work independently and remain self-motivated
- Ability to work as part of a team that provides and receives feedback on creative concepts
- Passion for environmental sustainability
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Post-secondary education in a graphic design related discipline or relevant experience an asset
This is a project-based role and the time commitment will vary with the type and complexity of the project
Please submit some samples of your portfolio along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our recruitment process check here