Thank you for your interest in volunteering with our team! New volunteer opportunities are constantly being posted, so please continue to check back if there isn’t anything here that fits your interests today.
To apply to a role, please checkout our recruitment process here.
If you have any questions about volunteering with us, please don’t hesitate to email Yvonne.
Business Development Generalist
Do you have experience in Business Development (BD) or Sales and are looking for an opportunity to contribute your time and talents to your community? The Business Development (BD) Generalist is a key contributor to driving the growth of Sustainable Waterloo Region’s new memberships in the Regional Sustainability Initiative and TravelWise programs. The BD team members conduct business research, work collaboratively to develop an outreach strategy, communicate with businesses and create business materials to support the achievement of their goals.
As a Business Development Generalist you would:
- Research companies, formulate profiles, and develop recommendations
of potential leads for SWR Regional Sustainability Initiative and
TravelWise program membership.
- Assist in the preparation of slideshow presentations and materials for
meetings with potential leads
- Compile industry and program research for potential business
development outreach campaigns.
- Provide insight and support towards the decision making and
coordination involved in the business development strategy process.
- Support the initiation, planning, and execution of projects related to
improving the overall business development strategy.
- Communicate with companies through email, phone and in-person meetings.
As a strong candidate for this role you bring:
- At least one year of business development or sales experience
- Passion for environmental sustainability
- Self-driven and motivated to achieve results
- Project Management skills
- Excellent Communication, both oral and written
- Relationship management experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Interest in merging business and environment
- Salesforce experience an asset
- Approximately 5 hours per week with a one year time commitment.
- Regular attendance and participation in several recurring meetings (including monthly 1:1’s with Business Development Manager, internal Business Development team meetings every three weeks on Tuesdays from 7:30pm to 8:00pm, bi-monthly SWR Team meetings (third Tuesday evening of every second month), SWR team socials, etc.
To apply check out our recruitment process here