Thank you for your interest in volunteering with our team! New volunteer opportunities are constantly being posted, so please continue to check back if there isn’t anything here that fits your interests today.
To apply to a role, please checkout our recruitment process here.
If you have any questions about volunteering with us, please don’t hesitate to email Yvonne.
ChargeWR Program Manager
ChargeWR aims to increase the adoption of Electric Vehicles (EVs) and installation of charging stations in Waterloo Region through promotion efforts and collaborative opportunities. This includes running events, providing public EV test drive opportunities, consulting on charging station installations, and assisting organizations with understanding EV benefits and options for their fleet/employees/customers. The ChargeWR Program Manager is responsible for the oversight, planning and resourcing of the ChargeWR program, as well as the management of the ChargeWR volunteer team.
As the ChargeWR Program Manager you would:
- Ensure that the ChargeWR Program is planned and enacted in alignment with SWR strategic priorities, goals, and targets
- Track and report on ChargeWR metrics that align with SWR goals
- Collaborate with ClimateActionWR and the WR community to establish a new target for EV numbers in Waterloo Region.
- Actively participate as a member of the organization’s Functional Area Management (FAM) team, including regular attendance in the monthly two-hour Functional Area Manager meetings
- Report key ChargeWR accomplishments to the Board of Directors through contributions to the Executive Director’s monthly board update document
- Report key ChargeWR accomplishments to team members through contributions to the Executive Director’s Friday update and bi-monthly SWR Team meetings
- Develop and execute a plan for the of the ChargeWR program, including specific goals and targets within Waterloo Region
- Actively collaborate with relevant stakeholders within Waterloo Region to create strategic partnerships to achieve ChargeWR goals and targets
- Plan ChargeWR outreach activities and events with volunteers
- Identify the program’s need for volunteer support and work with the SWR HR Team to hire these volunteers
- Manage ChargeWR team volunteers including task assignment and monthly 1:1 meetings
- Encourage ChargeWR team participation in SWR team socials and team meetings
- Work with Fund Development team to Identify local, provincial, and federal grants/sponsors and write proposals to meet growth goals of the ChargeWR program
As a strong candidate you have:
- Passion for environmental sustainability, community-based leadership and Waterloo Region
- In-depth knowledge of Electric Vehicle technology
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships
- Connections within the local/provincial/national electric vehicle network, an asset
- Outstanding organizational, program planning, and project coordination skills
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and telephone manner
- The ability to work independently to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Self-driven and motivated to achieve results
- Approximately 5-10 hours per week (including monthly Functional Area Manager meetings Tuesdays from 5:30 -7:30pm; bi-monthly SWR Team meeting Tuesdays from 5:30 -7:30pm and regular ChargeWR team meetings as set by the ChargeWR Program Manager for a one year minimum with strong preference for a longer term commitment
- To apply check out our recruitment process here