Thank you for your interest in volunteering with our team! New volunteer opportunities are constantly being posted, so please continue to check back if there isn’t anything here that fits your interests today.
To apply to a role, please checkout our recruitment process here.
If you have any questions about volunteering with us, please don’t hesitate to email Lisa.
Do you have graphic design skills you’re excited to apply?
Sustainable Waterloo Region is looking for a volunteer to join our Marketing Team as a Graphic Designer to contribute to the creation of new design content in line with the Sustainable Waterloo Region brand, and maintaining a consistent visual identity across a diverse range of print and web projects.
As a Graphic Designer you would:
- Work with the Marketing Manager to maintain consistency in Sustainable Waterloo Region’s brand identity, logo and professional templates
- Assist with the ongoing graphic design needs of Sustainable Waterloo Region, including the revision and creation of print materials, signage, web design, corporate slide decks, and year-end report
As a strong candidate for this role, you have:
- Post-secondary education in a graphic design related discipline or relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign
- Ability to work as part of a team that provides and receives feedback on creative concepts
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Approximately 5 hrs per week to commit to this role
Do you have a strong working knowledge of Salesforce and best practices for its customization and use in an organization?
Sustainable Waterloo Region is looking for a short-term volunteer to help develop a Salesforce use strategy for our team.
As our Salesforce Specialist you would:
- Consult with each of our functional areas regarding how they currently use Salesforce, and how they would like to
- Create a plan to meet everyone’s contact and sales management needs with Salesforce
- Lead the implementation of this plan
- Provide training for staff and volunteers that will be using Salesforce
As a strong candidate for this role you have:
- Excellent working and customization knowledge of Salesforce
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to manage a project from start to end
- 5 hours/week (or more) to commit to this project for ~3 months (the duration to be determined based on how long you think is required to successfully complete this project)