Thank you for your interest in volunteering with our team! New volunteer opportunities are constantly being posted, so please continue to check back if there isn’t anything here that fits your interests today.
To apply to a role, please checkout our recruitment process here.
If you have any questions about volunteering with us, please don’t hesitate to email Lisa.
Are you passionate about catching the perfect shot and excited to have additional opportunities to polish your photography skills?
We’re looking for a photographer to take high-quality photos for use in our external facing communications and promotional material. Subject matter will include events, the SWR Team and various elements relating to SWR’s programs.
As the Photographer you would:
- Define key deliverables with our Events Team prior to an event, whether they be key individuals or groups to photograph; posed, candid or compositional styles
- Be available at monthly morning/evening events, arriving at sites with sufficient time for equipment prep and scheduling
- Take high-quality images that meet the specifications outlined with the Events Team
- Provide other photos of Waterloo Region with a sustainability perspective
- Coordinate SWR full team photos every couple months and manager headshots as required
- Think critically and creatively to achieve vision in taking images
- Edit photos professionally and to a consistent and timely standard
- Post and organize photos in PhotoBucket for accessible perusal and use by end users
As a strong candidate for this role, you have:
- Knowledge of digital photography and access to a semi-professional to professional grade digital camera (DLSR or Mirrrorless)
- Experience using photo-editing software
- Experience using Photobucket or a willingness to learn
- Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to direct people
- Passion for environmental issues, for community-based leadership, and for improving the environmental sustainability of Waterloo Region