Conestoga Mall is a regional shopping centre located in the city of Waterloo, ON. Its location directly adjacent to area’s major arterial highway offers this premier regional shopping destination exceptional access and visibility. The centre attracts 6.6 million visitors annually by offering a range of experiences under one roof: shopping at 130+ stores and services including the trade area’s only Apple, H & M and Pink; dining in a landmark Food Court featuring 14 vendors and seating for 800+; entertainment at Galaxy Cinema, or exploring history at the City of Waterloo Heritage Museum
Business Type: Retail Services
40% reduction commitment from 2010 (absolute)
84 % waste reduction commitment from 2013 (absolute)
Emissions: Conestoga Mall began tracking their GHG emissions in 2010. The graph below displays their emissions data thus far.
Notable GHG Reduction and Sustainability Projects
Sustainability culture is fostered and promoted through the establishment of Conestoga Mall’s Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Committee in their Head Office.
Green Team: Their diverse Green Team meets monthly and encompasses employees from the security, maintenance, guest services and mall management departments.
- Interior lighting retrofit to change recess lighting to LED.
- Replace doors with more energy efficient ones.
- For Earth Week: Random Acts of Green and Planet Earth exhibit
- Increase waste diversion rate
- Reduce Green House Gases
- Reduce the size of Conestoga Mall’s carbon footprint
- BOMA level 4, BOMA certificate of excellence
- TOBY outstanding building of the year in the GTA for shopping center categories
- TOBY for outstanding building of the year in Canada for shopping center categories
- Recycling Council of Ontario – Gold in Communication, and Silver in Facilities Management.
Member Profile Video:
Extra Social Media Links