evolvGREEN is the region’s foremost collaborative workspace for entrepreneurs, researchers and clean economy supporters. Located in Canada’s first net positive office building, evolv1, we offer a community approach to driving the clean economy and leading changes that will reduce environmental impact and improve well-being.
In collaboration with the Accelerator Centre, the City of Waterloo, Laurier, the Region of Waterloo, and the University of Waterloo we seek:
- To Inspire Change – In order to innovate, big thinkers need access to big problems, research, and data. In order to implement change, Industry needs access to innovative solutions and talent. evolvGREEN provides a space for those players to meet, work and inspire each other.
- To Lead Innovative Research – Leveraging the evolv1 building, Canada’s first net positive office space, and the partnership of the University of Waterloo and Laurier, we conduct research that advances sustainability and well-being in close collaboration with community, industry, and government partners.
- To Accelerate Commercialization – A natural result of the research and collaboration happening at evolvGREEN is the development of new products and services. Entrepreneurs looking to build companies that support a clean economy have access to startup accelerator programming and mentorship though the Accelerator Centre’s specialized clean tech programming.
To learn how you can get involved, please contact:
The evolv1 building was envisioned collaboratively, and is developed & owned by the Cora Group – it is focused on four key design principles:
- Regenerative: The building gives back to its environment, designed to have net-positive impact.
- Scalable: Financially viable, making the business-case to inspire other regenerative buildings across Canada and around the world.
- Innovation & Collaboration: Through its development and operation, the building will advance sustainable solutions and deepen our role as a sustainability leader provincially and nationally.
- People: Working with a team of leading behavioural psychology researchers from Wilfrid Laurier University, we are seeking to foster a culture of sustainability in the evolv1 building by embedding a contextualized engagement strategy.
Click here to visit the official evolv1 building webpage.
Click here to view the feasibility study that provided the foundation for this project.