Are you super organized, with a keen interest in lending your skills to support the coordination of SWR’s cross collaborative microforest project to plant 1000 trees across 10 plots throughout the planting season ending in November 2022? We have an immediate opening for a volunteer Microforest Project Coordinator.
As Microforest Project Coordinator You Would:
- Aid in the creation of a microforest stewardship plan to ensure the maintenance and health of the plots.
- Perform outreach and promote planting days to the general public and business community of Waterloo Region.
- Identify what is required for plot maintenance over a 5 year period after planting, and then onwards.
- Update signage that will be stationed at each microforest.
- Assist in coordinating planting days, including but not limited to: scheduling, managing planting supplies and food orders for the volunteers.
- Engage and recruit volunteers from sponsoring organizations to participate in planting days.
To be great in this role you bring:
- Experience or formal education in public relations/engagement, marketing, event management or similar experience.
- Serious attention to detail.
- Able to work individually with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Some knowledge of native plant species and ecology is considered an asset but not required.
- Experience using Google Suite apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Experience working with volunteers is an asset but not required.
- Passion for environmental sustainability is an asset.
Approximately 5 hours per week (including bi-monthly SWR Team meeting Tuesdays from 5:30 -7:30pm, team social events and regular meetings as set by the Community Engagement Manager). We are looking for candidates who are able to start as soon as possible and commit until the end of November 2022.