Do you have a passion for writing? Do you enjoy sharing the triumphs of your community with others? Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute your time and talents in sustainable development ? The Grant Writer role brings a niche skill set to our team who is responsible for securing funding that will support and grow all of Sustainable Waterloo Region’s programs.
We foster the development of the local clean economy by supporting organizations to set ambitious and realistic sustainability targets. We encourage an overall approach to sustainability, with focus on carbon, waste and water operations. This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to sharpen skills and grow professionally by contributing persuasive grant applications to secure funding for impactful community projects.
As the Grant Writer You Would:
- Write applications to secure funding for new and current Sustainable Waterloo Region programs and special projects
- Collaborate and communicate with staff to identify the best data and information to include in applications
- Proofread and edit grant applications to ensure the most persuasive content
- Communicate with grant partners on letters of support
As a strong candidate for this role, you have the following skills, attributes, and experience:
- Passion for environmental sustainability
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Experienced in or a strong desire to gain further experience in grant writing or fundraising
- Self-driven and motivated to achieve results
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Flex hours depending on due dates; 2-10 hours per week
- One year time commitment
- Attendance and participation in bi-monthly SWR Team meetings (Tuesdays from 6-7pm) and regular 1:1 check ins with the Functional Area Manager.
Supported By: Business Division Manager
Benefits: The Grant Writer will have the opportunity to be part of a team of like-minded individuals who are passionate about sustainability, while also making connections with other government relations-focused volunteers. He/she will have access to a reduced price GRT bus pass through SWR’s TravelWise membership.
Location: The Grant Writer will receive an SWR email address and access to Google Drive, allowing him/her to complete volunteer tasks remotely or in the Sustainable Waterloo Region office.
To apply please: Send an email with your current resume and cover letter to Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know why you’re interested in volunteering with us and how the position you’ve selected aligns with your goals for volunteering. Include the role title and your name in the subject line.
Sustainable Waterloo Region is committed to creating an accessible and diverse culture where everyone belongs. We commit to actively working to empower full participation and ensure fair treatment within our organization, for those we serve, and for generations to come.
We believe diversity strengthens our organization, and we strongly encourage applications from qualified candidates of any background and lived experience. If you require accommodation, please let us know