Do you have experience in Business Development (BD) or Sales and are looking for an opportunity to develop your management skills? The Business Development Manager oversees the existing sales pipeline and develops new business opportunities related to the member programs of TravelWise and Impact Network.
Working with the Executive Director, and Programs Division Manager the BD Manager develops and implements the strategy for long-term growth and membership opportunities. As a Functional Area Manager (FAM), the BD Manager manages a team of up to 4 BD Generalist volunteers; motivating the team, tracking performance and reporting key metrics.
As a Business Development Manager you would:
- Develop and evolve business development strategy process
- Work with Executive Director and Program Managers on membership growth
- Generate new leads, identify and contact potential leads, screen potential business opportunities, select leads that are inline with strategies, and support and facilitate pitch logistics
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies for membership growth
- Manage BD department team communications (e.g. email, phone inquiries, and marketing collateral)
- Coordinate BD team meetings
- Train and onboard volunteers and supporting their leadership development
- Develop yearly goals that support SWR objectives
- Work with other FAMs as needed
As a strong candidate for this role you bring:
- Passion for environmental sustainability
- Management skills
- Analytical with strong attention to detail
- Self-driven and motivated to achieve results
- Experienced in or a strong desire to gain additional experience in business development/sales
- Project management skills
- Excellent communication, both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Relationship management experience
- Interest in merging business and environment
- Experience and interest in delivering presentations
- Salesforce experience an asset
- Approximately 10+ hours per week
- Regular attendance and participation in several recurring meetings including bi-monthly BD Team meetings, bi-monthly SWR Team meetings, monthly 1:1 meetings with ED, monthly program manager meetings, monthly FAM meetings, monthly 1:1 meetings with volunteer team of BD Generalists, and optional weekly Impact Network meetings.
- One year time commitment.