Do you have experience in Business Development (BD) or Sales and are looking for an opportunity to contribute your time and talents to your community? The Business Development (BD) Generalist is a key contributor to driving the growth of Sustainable Waterloo Region’s new memberships in the Regional Sustainability Initiative and TravelWise programs. The BD team members perform business research, work collaboratively to develop an outreach strategy, communicate with businesses and create business materials to support the achievement of their goals.
As a Business Development Generalist you would:
- Research companies, formulate profiles, develop recommendations and track communications
of potential leads.
- Coordinate external meetings with potential leads and Executive Director.
- Assist in the preparation of slideshow presentations and materials for
external meetings with potential leads.
- Compile industry and program research for potential business
development outreach campaigns.
- Provide insight and support towards the decision making and
coordination involved in the business development strategy process.
- Support the initiation, planning, and execution of projects related to
improving the overall business development strategy.
As a strong candidate for this role you bring:
- Passion for environmental sustainability
- Experienced in or a strong desire to gain experience in business development/sales.
- Self-driven and motivated to achieve results
- Project Management skills
- Excellent communication, both oral and written
- Relationship management experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Interest in merging business and environment
- Salesforce experience an asset
- Approximately 5 hours per week with a one year time commitment.
- Regular attendance and participation in several recurring meetings (including monthly 1:1’s with Business Development Manager, internal Business Development team meetings every three weeks on Tuesdays from 6:00pm to 7:00pm, bi-monthly SWR Team meetings (third Tuesday evening of every second month 6:00pm-7:30pm), SWR team socials, etc.