Thanks for your interest in working with Sustainable Waterloo Region. If you are interested in applying for a particular position, please follow the application instructions included in the individual position posting below.
Program Manager – Regional Sustainability Initiative
The Program Manager is accountable for the overall success of Sustainable Waterloo Region’s (SWR)’s Regional Sustainability Initiative program. This individual will work closely with the Sustainability Programs Division Manager to effectively manage all aspects of the execution of the program, ensuring strong partner relationship and engagement, while also working with the Sustainability Programs Division Manager and Executive Director (ED) to set, develop action plans and achieve longer term strategic initiatives of the program.
The Regional Sustainability Initiative is Sustainable Waterloo Region’s (SWR) flagship program. We foster the development of the local clean economy by supporting organizations to set ambitious and realistic sustainability targets. We encourage an overall approach to sustainability, with focus on carbon, waste and water operations.
The Regional Sustainability Initiative is a fully integrated environmental sustainability program that was designed by and for, Waterloo Region. The services and framework are designed to support local sustainability issues in a way that fits with the most common international standards.
As the Program Manager you would:
- Manage Regional Sustainability Initiative program resources, develop organizational tools, and define targeted performance metrics to ensure the programming is sufficiently supported to be successful.
- Monitor the program for consistent engagement and delivery of services to stakeholders, analyzing program trends, identifying risks and escalating these to the Sustainability Programs Division Manager as necessary for mitigation.
- Ensure all aspects of effective member management including working with members to set sustainability targets, strategies and plans; acting as Green Team coach, facilitator and resource support; and owning all aspects of member recognition through social media activity, blogging, year-end report stories, case studies and awards.
- Directly manage a team of 4-5 volunteers/staff on a day-to-day basis including mentorship, professional development and performance management.
- Foster strong relationships with external partners such as BCorp and Green Economy Canada
As a strong candidate for this role, you have the following skills, attributes, and experience:
- University Degree in Environmental Studies, Business or relevant field of study
- Passion for environmental issues, community-based leadership, and Waterloo Region.
- Strong business background with understanding of how sustainability programs can contribute to organizational goals, KPIs and meeting the mission.
- Proven ability to manage complex collaborative relationships across both staff and volunteer teams.
- Team player with established success coaching and developing a strong team.
- Exceptional skills in project and program management.
- Knowledge of greenhouse gas accounting, waste audits, and water foot printing.
- Availability outside of 9 AM-5 PM for events and volunteer meetings.
- Certified energy manager certification or similar strongly preferred.
- Experience with fundraising and grant applications, an asset.
To learn more, check out the full posting details here
Employment Details: This is a full-time permanent position
Compensation: $47,000 annually
Benefits: Team members can access a discounted bus pass and a benefits package is available for this role following three months of employment.
To apply please:
- Submit your cover letter and resume to Yvonne Stoll (email@example.com), with your name and the position title clearly marked in the subject line
- Complete your application before 5:00 pm on February 28, 2019 noting that interviews will be conducted while applications are still being accepted