CULTURE OF SUSTAINABILITY – SUSTAINABLE HOLIDAY SERIES PART 3
For week three of our Sustainable Holiday Series, we will be diving into the wonderful world of plant based recipes. Whether you want to try something new or are adapting an old favourite, you will find options below!
Let’s get started with this week’s recipe round up!
- Buffalo Cauliflower “wings”. If you haven’t tried this delicious plant version of the classic buffalo wings you are in for a treat. Try this recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie.
- Rosa over at This Healthy Kitchen offers up a Vegan Stuffed Mushroom recipe that features a creamy risotto with cranberries.
- If sausage rolls remind you of holiday parties, give this Spicy Lentil Vegan variety from the blog Tinned Tomatoes a try.
- Other easy plant based appetizers include veggies with hummus or other plant based dip, fruit and nuts, and vegan cheese and crackers.
Soups & Salads:
- Have Caesar salad lovers in your family? Try this Crowd-Pleasing Vegan Caesar from Canadian Blogger Angela at Oh She Glows.
- This vegan Waldorf salad is sure to be a hit around the table. This version features all the great flavours of the classic salad but subs in vegan yogurt for the traditional mayo-based dressing.
- There is nothing better than a warm soup on a chilly day. This Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato soup from Two Spoons includes a topping of kale chips for some extra greens and crunch!
- Looking for something lighter? Try this vegetable packed Minestrone from Simple Veganista.
The Main Event:
- For a vegan showstopper that is sure to impress, try this Savoury Mushroom and Caramelised Onion wreath from Alexandra at Occasionally Eggs.
- Looking for a plant based potato recipe for your table? Check out the Busy Baker’s Dairy Free Classic Mashed potatoes and Vegan Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes from Two Market Girls.
- This Butternut and Squash Casserole is both packed with veggies and colour.
- Don’t forget the stuffing! This holiday favourite can be swapped for the plant based version too! Love and Lemons vegan stuffing has whole grain ciabatta, cranberries and rosemary.
Plant Based Treats & Desserts:
- Adding the classic Yule Log to your holiday meal? Tom at Project Vegan Baking has a plant based version.
- Prefer a fruity dessert? This GF Lemon No Bake Vegan Cake looks dreamy!
- And who can resist a plate full of holiday cookies! There is a plant based cookie for everyone.
Do you have a favourite holiday plant based recipe? Did you try one mentioned in today’s post? Share it with us at @culture.of.sustainability!