Thanks for your interest in working with Sustainable Waterloo Region. If you are interested in applying for a particular position, please follow the application instructions included in the individual position posting below.
ClimateActionWR Plan Manager
ClimateActionWR Plan Manager
Sustainable Waterloo Region is seeking a passionate and skilled individual to act as the coordinating hub for all activity of ClimateActionWR, supporting the execution of the Climate Action Plan.
ClimateActionWR is a collaboration between local organizations and community members focused on climate change mitigation, and is led by REEP Green Solutions and Sustainable Waterloo Region. It coordinates the activities of the Climate Action Plan – establishing cross-sector dialogue, facilitating collaborative opportunities, and monitoring and measuring progress towards achieving our community’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction target of 6% below 2010 levels b
One year full-time contract to cover a maternity leave (4 month full-time contract with intended extension for an additional 8 months pending partner agreements) starting February 2016
The Plan Manager will work between the REEP Green Solutions (REEP) and Sustainable Waterloo Region (SWR) offices in downtown Kitchener, with some travel to meetings and events throughout Waterloo Region.
As the ClimateActionWR Plan Manager you would:
- coordinate internal and external communications
- create and monitor the annual budget and expenses
- play the lead role in planning, carrying out, and reporting on community engagement aspects of ClimateActionWR
- act in a supporting role for partnership development, and action implementation and monitoring
As a strong candidate you have:
- at minimum, a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies or related area from a recognized university.
- outstanding relationship management skills: service-oriented and diplomatic
- proven project management skills and multitasking capabilities
- proven leadership skills and experience working with a mix of staff and volunteers.
- the ability to prioritize in a fast paced multi-priority environment and to respond quickly to changing expectations.
- excellent written and oral communication skills, including the capability to craft strategic messages, lead meetings, and give presentations to diverse audiences
- experience working with local governments/on local governance issues.
- strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- a demonstrated passion for community-based leadership and improving the environmental sustainability of Waterloo Region
- the ability to work a flexible schedule as events occur on the occasional evening/weekend
Interested individuals, please:
- review the full job posting here
- submit a cover letter and resume to Lisa Chapman (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name and the position title clearly marked in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as submitted so we encourage candidates to apply promptly.