Thanks for your interest in working with Sustainable Waterloo Region. If you are interested in applying for a particular position, please follow the application instructions included in the individual position posting below.
Events Coordinator (Part-time)
Events Coordinator (Part-time)
Sustainable Waterloo Region is looking for a part-time permanent Events Coordinator to join our enthusiastic team of staff and volunteers next January.
If you are passionate about environmental sustainability, have corporate event planning experience and impressive organization skills we’d love to hear from you!
As the Events Coordinator you would be responsible for:
- Planning and executing all elements of eight core Regional Sustainability Initiative events throughout each year, focusing on educating this program’s members on aspects of environmental sustainability. This includes, but is not limited to event topic selection, speaker acquisition/relationship maintenance, marketing, venue relations, catering/rental coordination, vendor management, volunteer coordination, financial planning/reporting and collaborating with the Regional Sustainability Initiative team.
- Supporting all Sustainable Waterloo Region program managers in planning for and executing additional program-specific events from a logistics perspective, including venues, catering and on-site preparations
- Planning and executing all aspects of our annual Evening of Recognition each April to celebrate the release of our year-end report from the previous year and local organization environmental accomplishments
- Collaborating with the Business Division Manager on the development of the event strategy and plan for the year
- Working with our Fund Development team on the attraction and recognition of sponsors
- Planning and executing socials for the SWR Team
As a strong candidate you have a passion for environmental sustainability and:
- Experience with corporate event-planning and adhering to a budget
- A demonstrated ability to creatively integrate a theme/message into an event, making it stand out
- Experience with EventBrite, MailChimp, and WordPress an asset
- Experience with marketing events to a professional audience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience working with and managing vendor relationships
- Experience with volunteer management, preferred
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to multi-task, take on multiple projects at one time
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Proven project management skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Work Schedule: The work schedule is flexible with the understanding that time commitment is dependent on upcoming events and events in progress. Over the course of one year, the weekly number of hours would average 20/week.
- Salary: $18,500
- Benefits: Team members can access a discounted bus pass and a benefits package is available for this role following three months of employment.
To apply please:
- Submit your cover letter and resume to Yvonne Stoll (email@example.com), with your name and the position title clearly marked in the subject line, by 5:00 pm on December 9, 2016.